- WelcomeThe PNC Fairfax Connection is a free community resource center designed to strengthen and connect the community by empowering area residents and businesses to achieve their goals while celebrating the community's rich history and heritage.
Happy BirthdayFrank B.
- AugustProgram Highlights: Financial Empowerment: Wednesday, August 13th - Mystery Solved: Understanding Your Credit Report Wade Oval Wednesdays: August 20th in University Circle - good music, friends and tons of fun!
- Who wrote the Pledge of Allegiance?
Francis Julius Bellamy, an American author wrote the original Pledge of Allegiance in 1892 which was originally published in the Youth's Companion, a nationally circulated magazine created for adolescents.
- J.D. Salinger wrote this novel published in 1951
The autobiographical nature of The Catcher In the Rye became the voice of a whole generation of young men wedged in frustration over the conventions of society. The novel also became the most taught book of the 20th century with its inclusion in the curriculum of high school literature.
- 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence
The first and most famous signature on the engrossed copy was that of John Hancock, President of the Continental Congress. Two future presidents, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, were among the signators.